From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] arch teams and better tools
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 11:15:34
1 On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:39 AM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
2 <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3 > On 5/22/11 11:33 AM, Markos Chandras wrote:
4 >> I would also like to see a minimal webpage ( under
5 >> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/tools? ) which would describe how
6 >> to use these tools on daily basis to deal with the bug workload. That
7 >> will help the rest of us integrate your scripts to our workflow and
8 >> be more efficient.
9 >
10 > I'll think about that, and it's definitely a good idea. It's just still
11 > early in development, but after the discussion about more automated
12 > testing I decided to post what I have ("release early, release often")
13 > to avoid possible duplication of work.
16 A guide of some sort would definitely be appreciated. If a few devs
17 have worked out a super-efficient way of doing stabilizations without
18 making mistakes it would be nice if everybody else had the option to
19 do the same without having to stumble around finding it.
20
21 Along the same lines - some kind of gentoo dev tips page might be
22 useful if anybody cared to start creating one. I have a few
23 scripts/aliases that I've made use of (often passed along from
24 somebody else or snipped from a list). Perhaps not every new
25 developer knows that they can run "qlist ${1} | xargs scanelf -L -n -q
26 -F '%n #F' | tr , ' ' | xargs qfile -C | sort -u" to get a starting
27 list of package dependencies.
28
29 Rich