From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] arch teams and better tools
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 07:40:18
1 On 5/22/11 11:33 AM, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > Thanks for sharing your scripts. I would prefer to have a single
3 > script doing everything, instead of multiple scripts here and there.
4
5 Right, having to complete pieces from various sources can be
6 frustrating. I'm planning to make arch-tools a complete solution (i.e.
7 no need to fetch any additional scripts, and only a minimal setup), but
8 I think it'll consist of multiple scripts (probably the bugzilla viewer,
9 emerge launcher, and mass committer).
10
11 > I would also like to see a minimal webpage ( under
12 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/tools? ) which would describe how
13 > to use these tools on daily basis to deal with the bug workload. That
14 > will help the rest of us integrate your scripts to our workflow and
15 > be more efficient.
16
17 I'll think about that, and it's definitely a good idea. It's just still
18 early in development, but after the discussion about more automated
19 testing I decided to post what I have ("release early, release often")
20 to avoid possible duplication of work.