From: "Kevin F. Quinn (Gentoo)" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] fix binary debug support, part elevenity billion 1/2
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:05:18
1 On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:28:53 -0500
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thursday 19 January 2006 18:52, Mark Loeser wrote:
5 > > Please lets avoid this assumption. I'd love to make it so we never
6 > > make this assumption anywhere in the tree so that we could actually
7 > > build GCC without pie or ssp, instead of generating all of the GCC
8 > > profiles for every user.
9
10 SPLIT_SPECS="no" in make.conf causes just the profile default to be
11 built - is that good enough?
12
13 > pie is in upstream gcc so your argument here is INVALID
14
15 and -fno-stack-protector is only a problem if gcc-4.0 is built without
16 the ssp-stubs - from 4.1 onwards that'll be upstream as well.
17
18 Having said that, I don't think we need -fno-stack-protector in default
19 DEBUG_FLAGS anyway, as it doesn't inhibit debug (unlike -Wl,pie).
22 Kevin F. Quinn