From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LibPNG Problems :(
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 20:11:49
1 On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 18:54, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
2 > Sorry, this is almost one more day without really using my PC but leaving it
3 > there, compiling and compiling and compiling and me watching TV waiting for
4 > it. Boring, man. That's all. I did that twice in the last 2 weeks. I wanna
5 > use now the bloody thing, not fixing its installations. :-(
6 >
7 > I mean, sure, this is a source-based distro. But it goes too far.
8
9 I'd recommend that people who don't want to have the latest and greatest
10 versions of everything (and everything that goes with it), don't use
11 --update with emerge. That should help you avoid most problems. We are
12 still devising a good distributed QA system, but that hasn't been added
13 to Portage yet :)
14
15 Best Regards,
18 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>