From: Gerion Entrup <gerion.entrup@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: noarch keyword
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 13:52:20
1 Am Donnerstag, 19. März 2020, 02:59:56 CET schrieb Kent Fredric:
2 > On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 17:52:25 +0000
3 > James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Not quite. Tools like repoman will need to be updated to understand
6 > > that an ebuild with KEYWORDS="amd64" can depend on another ebuild with
7 > > only KEYWORDS="noarch". I do think the idea has merit though.
8 >
9 > But the inverse is _not_ true, an ebuild with KEYWORDS="noarch"
10 > *cannot* depend on another ebuild with only KEYWORDS="amd64".
11 Maybe I misunderstand something but shouldn't that be the normal case?
12 Every single Python package (candidates for noarch) for example depends
13 on the Python interpreter, which must have non noarch keywords.
16 > Otherwise it breaks the entire stabilization graph.
17 The condition would be: If the interpreter is stable for an arch, all
18 it's interpreted code is also stable for this arch.
21 Best,
22 Gerion