From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion to stop using 'cjk' USE flag.
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 10:08:50
1 On 04/07/2003 at 11:01:06(+0100), Alastair Tse used 3.2K just to say:
2 > I agree that there are other countries that may have their own
3 > localisation patches. However, some of the cjk patches do apply to all
4 > double-byte character and kanji compatibility within applications. With
5 > splitting the cjk USE flag, this means for those patches we'll likely
6 > have to test for all 3 zh,ja,kr USE flags.
7
8 Setting zh/ja/kr therefore implies cjk. Maybe portage can silently set cjk when
9 any of those three are set, and current ebuild would not have to be modified in
10 any way.
13 ( Georgi Georgiev ( Extremism in the defense of liberty is no (
14 ) chutz@×××.net ) vice... moderation in the pursuit of justice )
15 ( +81(90)6266-1163 ( is no virtue. -- Barry Goldwater (