From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] Multiple version suffixes illegal in gentoo-x86
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 21:47:03
1 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > In my original email, I also suggested this solution, but it seems that nobody
3 > read it:
4 > ] Alternatively, follow the example of any ebuild that uses a dated
5 > ] patchset, and just have the date of the patchset in the ebuild, and only
6 > ] increment $PR singly.
7 >
8 > This solution already exists in MANY places in the tree, and should probably be
9 > preferred over the long $PR or $RC values.
10
11 Yeah, except revisions are supposed to be for changes to ebuild code,
12 not upstream code.
13
14 This gets problematic for people trying to report bugs to upstream,
15 because they and upstream have no idea what code they're actually running.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Donnie
19 --