From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New, shiny EAPI=5 profiles: volunteer, procedure, preparations
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 14:06:36
1 Am Sonntag, 10. Februar 2013, 14:34:14 schrieb Markos Chandras:
2 > > > new profiles? As a Gentoo user who just got a giant red warning from
3 > > > portage that his active profile was deprecated, I feel like many people
4 > > > are going to be confused about this.
5 > >
6 > > Obviously a news item should precede any deprecation of stable profiles.
9 > I think it is too late now. The big red warning is already there.
10
11 To be honest I did not really see the necessity since the "big red warning"
12 exactly tells you what to do (and even which profile to pick, which would be
13 more complicated in a news item).
14
15 Then again, that's a matter of personal preference, too.
19 Andreas K. Huettel
20 Gentoo Linux developer
21 dilfridge@g.o
22 http://www.akhuettel.de/