From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New, shiny EAPI=5 profiles: volunteer, procedure, preparations
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 13:34:19
1 On Feb 10, 2013 8:32 AM, "Ben de Groot" <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 10 February 2013 10:43, Douglas Freed <dwfreed@×××.edu> wrote:
4 > >> * all 13.0 profiles have been created and are marked stable the same
5 way
6 > >> as
7 > >> 10.0 was
8 > >> * all 10.0 profiles have been removed from profiles.desc
9 > >> * all 10.0 profiles have been deprecated
10 > >
11 > > Suggestion: perhaps a news item should be created for the migration to
12 the
13 > > new profiles? As a Gentoo user who just got a giant red warning from
14 > > portage that his active profile was deprecated, I feel like many people
15 are
16 > > going to be confused about this.
17 > >
18 > > -Doug
19 >
20 > Obviously a news item should precede any deprecation of stable profiles.
21 >
22 > --
23 > Cheers,
24 >
25 > Ben | yngwin
26 > Gentoo developer
27 > Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin
30 I think it is too late now. The big red warning is already there.