From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] January 2014 QA Policy Updates
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 14:07:37
1 Alec Warner wrote:
2 > > hmm?
3 >
4 > To be fair, I had a long discussion with this regarding when QA has the
5 > authority to temporarily ban a developer.
6
7 Cool.
10 > In the case where policy is missing, QA does not have a clear case
11 > of authority there. It becomes a more murky area. I've tried to
12 > very much encourage QA to both publish the policies they want to
13 > enforce, and automate enforcement with better tooling (repoman or
14 > otherwise). Being transparent and consistent in enforcement of
15 > policy goes a long way for getting developers on your side.
16
17 Absolutely.
20 > So in short, while one could read that passage as you did, I don't
21 > think that is their intention.
22
23 To be clear, I don't think so either.
26 Rich Freeman wrote:
27 > I was really happy to see a public notice of meeting and a published
28 > summary.
29
30 Yes, me too!
33 I still think it seems like QA could essentially introduce arbitrary
34 new policies and 2 weeks later be expected to effect them.
35
36 Fine when everyone agrees. Not so much at other times. The
37 responsibility is with QA to build support among the developers, and
38 I agree that the transparency goes a long way!
41 //Peter