From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE=introspection has been unmasked in the tree
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 00:04:11
1 Jeremy Olexa schrieb:
2 > On 08/16/2011 06:07 PM, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
3 >> The use-case for disabling introspection globally is if you will never
4 >> use any gobject language bindings for the next 4-5 years.
5 >
6 > FYI: I disabled it globally, already, on my server. As the rrdtool stack
7 > pulls in pango with the +introspection default. Useless to me, and my
8 > host. No problems since June 24 2011. (I thought it was already unmasked
9 > since I discovered it enabled back then)
10
11 Sounds to me like profile defaults are more appropriate than IUSE
12 defaults in this case.
15 Best regards,
16 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn