From: Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [QA] Incomplete IUSE for useflags in {,R,P}DEPEND, SRC_URI etc...
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:18:23
1 Am Mittwoch, 12. Juli 2006 15:23 schrieb Matthias Schwarzott:
2 > On Wednesday 12 July 2006 15:16, Danny van Dyk wrote:
3 > > Hi all,
4
5 > While reading your list I have seen pcmcia often. e.g. on my ebuild
6 > v4l-dvb-hg not supporting pcmcia as conditional. A bit digging showed
7 > that linux-mod.eclass contains this code:
8 >
9 > --cut--
10 > IUSE="" # don't put pcmcia here, rather in the ebuilds that actually
11 > support pcmcia
12 > SLOT="0"
13 > DESCRIPTION="Based on the $ECLASS eclass"
14 > RDEPEND="kernel_linux? ( virtual/modutils
15 > pcmcia? ( virtual/pcmcia ) )"
16 > --cut--
17 >
18 > I don't know if pcmcia should then be added to every ebuild including
19 > linux-mod.eclass.
20 >
21 > Please solve this before adding pcmcia on every kernel-module-ebuild.
22
23 I've ceased adding pcmcia to IUSE after 3 commits.
24 genstef will be talking with kernel team about this. I'd suggest to
25 split the pcmcia dep to a different eclass, but that's just my opinion.
26
27 Danny
28 --
29 Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o>
30 Gentoo/AMD64 Project, Gentoo Scientific Project
31 --
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list