From: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [QA] Incomplete IUSE for useflags in {,R,P}DEPEND, SRC_URI etc...
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:28:40
1 On Wednesday 12 July 2006 15:16, Danny van Dyk wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > thanks to djm's efforts i was just able to scan the whole tree using
5 > qualudis. For a start, i'll attach a list of QA violations on missing
6 > entries in IUSE. As this is a minor change to the ebuilds, I'll go on
7 > and fix all the listed ebuilds myself.
8 >
9 > There are 505 ebuilds which are missing use flags in IUSE that they use
10 > in other places.
11 >
12 While reading your list I have seen pcmcia often. e.g. on my ebuild v4l-dvb-hg
13 not supporting pcmcia as conditional. A bit digging showed that
14 linux-mod.eclass contains this code:
15
16 --cut--
17 IUSE="" # don't put pcmcia here, rather in the ebuilds that actually support
18 pcmcia
19 SLOT="0"
20 DESCRIPTION="Based on the $ECLASS eclass"
21 RDEPEND="kernel_linux? ( virtual/modutils
22 pcmcia? ( virtual/pcmcia ) )"
23 --cut--
24
25 I don't know if pcmcia should then be added to every ebuild including
26 linux-mod.eclass.
27
28 Please solve this before adding pcmcia on every kernel-module-ebuild.
29
30 Matthias
33 Matthias Schwarzott
34 Gentoo Developer