From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] *DEVELOPMENT* mail list, right?
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 13:29:24
1 On Sat, 2007-04-07 at 19:16 +0100, George Prowse wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 09:45 -0700, Ned Ludd wrote:
4 > >
5 > >> Here is what I'm doing these days..
6 > >>
7 > >
8 > > Let's see. I'm currently leading the 2007.0 release, which includes
9 > > building LiveDVD releases for amd64/x86, LiveCD for alpha/ppc, and doing
10 > > the entire PPC release, since Pylon is currently away due to school.
11 > >
12 > > Besides that, I'm coordinating the articles and DVD media for Linux+DVD
13 > > magazine for their upcoming Gentoo issue. I've released new versions of
14 > > catalyst (2.0.3) and genkernel (3.4.7) and will likely be releasing
15 > > newer versions of both soon. I have been working on the Catalyst
16 > > Reference Manual, which I expect to have ready soon to allow me to
17 > > stabilize catalyst 2.0.x and finally put catalyst 1.x to pasture.
20 > Damn, and there was me thinking you did the GWN occasionally as well
21
22 Don't even get me started on the GWN. I have been trying to drum up
23 some help and things have gotten better, but it still takes me way too
24 long (on probably the worst days for me, work-wise) to get the GWN out.
25 I've been working with several excellent people to help with automation
26 and also some great writers to get me content.
27
28 If you guys would like to see the GWN getting closer to actually being
29 on time, start writing summaries/stories and submitting them. They
30 don't need to be in GuideXML or anything. Plain text is actually
31 preferred unless you're really good at GuideXML already.
32
33 (Goes to working on last week's GWN in hopes of getting it out tomorrow)
36 Chris Gianelloni
37 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
38 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
39 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
40 Gentoo Foundation