From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Niches and new developers (especially xbox)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:10:44
1 seanecovel posted <40C8A8E1.3080505@×××××××.net>, excerpted below, on
2 Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:30:57 -0400:
3
4 > As an Xbox Linux user, and a Gentoo user, I'd love to have Gentoo
5 > running on my Xbox. From the discussion above, I can't seem to
6 > understand if there was a final decision made. Seems like it just died
7 > (again...) What are the chances of having an official Gentoo port of
8 > Xbox Linux?
9
10 I may be wrong, but IIRC, I saw mention that four developers had shown
11 some interest, and were working toward /some/ sort of
12 greater-than-single-person effort. I haven't read anything definitive on
13 the legal side, but what I read sort of implied that if it couldn't be
14 done directly thru Gentoo, then something unofficial, perhaps like
15 the BreakMyGentoo site I've seen mentioned a couple times only for XBox,
16 might be appropriate.
17
18 I don't have a TV (except for an old 2" TFT screen pocket TV I have
19 around somewhere), so TV game consoles aren't of much use, here, but I'm
20 intrigued by the concept. Still, I'd rather spend any sort of $$ I might
21 have for that area upgrading my dual Opteron. =:^)
25 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
26 temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --
27 Benjamin Franklin
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list