From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bunch of bugs (nothing major - skip if you're not interested)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:21:32
1 On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 11:06:26AM -0400, Chad M. Huneycutt wrote:
2
3 > In my defense, though, as Hallski suggested, the two problems brought to
4 > my attention were not obvious typos, as woodchip seems to think. The
5 > fact that there is a = means that there might be a reason to use it.
6 > And the ko.mo issue might point to a larger problem. As I told
7 > woodchip, his fixes might only treat the symptom, whereas I would prefer
8 > someone on the proper team look at it and fix the problem. If he had
9 > said, "in the foo ebuild, they typed bar in one place and baz in
10 > another, when it is obviously supposed to be bar", then I would probably
11 > have fixed it, or told to him to ask someone else if I was busy. Then a
12 > flame would have been appropriate.
13 >
14 > I apologize for making it seem like *any* tiny fix should be sent to the
15 > teams for a vote, but I was only talking about my opinion on those two bugs.
16
17 OK; that makes perfect sense. At the same time, a temporary fix, even if not
18 addressing the root problem, is often better than no fix at all. Especially
19 if ebuilds are dying because of the problem.
22 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
23 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
24 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.