From: "Chad M. Huneycutt" <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bunch of bugs (nothing major - skip if you're not interested)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 09:09:49
1 Don Davies wrote:
2
3 <woodchip's rant snipped>
4
5 <my rant>
6
7 Alright, fine! Point taken. But both Daniel and Hallski hit on my
8 motives for pushing this off. As Daniel suggests, my proper response
9 should have been "Buzz off, woodchip, I am currently helping drobbins
10 get rc6 up and running, and I don't have time for minor bug fixes.
11 There are plenty of so-called 'developers' sitting on their asses right
12 now who are capable of fixing this"
13
14 In my defense, though, as Hallski suggested, the two problems brought to
15 my attention were not obvious typos, as woodchip seems to think. The
16 fact that there is a = means that there might be a reason to use it.
17 And the ko.mo issue might point to a larger problem. As I told
18 woodchip, his fixes might only treat the symptom, whereas I would prefer
19 someone on the proper team look at it and fix the problem. If he had
20 said, "in the foo ebuild, they typed bar in one place and baz in
21 another, when it is obviously supposed to be bar", then I would probably
22 have fixed it, or told to him to ask someone else if I was busy. Then a
23 flame would have been appropriate.
24
25 I apologize for making it seem like *any* tiny fix should be sent to the
26 teams for a vote, but I was only talking about my opinion on those two bugs.
27
28 </my rant>