From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 15:04:13
1 On 1/5/06, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > So what is Gentoo to you? Portage? Gentoo Linux?
4 >
5 >From www.gentoo.org:
6
7 Page title: "Gentoo Linux - Gentoo Linux News"
8
9 "We produce Gentoo Linux, a special flavor of Linux that can be
10 automatically optimized and customized for just about any application or
11 need. Extreme performance, configurability, and a top-notch user and
12 developer community are all hallmarks of the Gentoo experience."
13
14 The "about us" page also calls us "Gentoo Linux" at every term.
15
16 We're still claiming to be a Linux distro.
17
18 Best regards,
19 Stu