From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New package "eid-viewer", is app-misc ok?
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 16:09:11
1 Hi all
2
3 I'm going to add eid-viewer, which is software to view the contents of a
4 Belgian eID card (such as the person's picture, address details or
5 certificte information), to the Portage tree.
6
7 I think the most proper category is "app-misc", but considering this is
8 already a quite "full" category I'm open to suggestions what a better one
9 would be (if any).
10
11 There is a related package, called app-crypt/eid-mw, already in the tree
12 under the app-crypt category as it is middleware for interacting with the
13 card. However, unlike the middleware, the viewer doesn't seem to perform
14 anything cryptographic-related.
15
16 So - is app-misc ok?
17