From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New package "eid-viewer", is app-misc ok?
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 20:50:23
1 On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 16:09:04 +0000
2 Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all
5 >
6 > I'm going to add eid-viewer, which is software to view the contents
7 > of a Belgian eID card (such as the person's picture, address details
8 > or certificte information), to the Portage tree.
9 >
10 > I think the most proper category is "app-misc", but considering this
11 > is already a quite "full" category I'm open to suggestions what a
12 > better one would be (if any).
13 >
14 > There is a related package, called app-crypt/eid-mw, already in the
15 > tree under the app-crypt category as it is middleware for interacting
16 > with the card. However, unlike the middleware, the viewer doesn't
17 > seem to perform anything cryptographic-related.
18 >
19 > So - is app-misc ok?
20 >
21 > Wkr,
22 > Sven Vermeulen
25 app-misc is not full, it only has 313 as of Feb. 26, 2014
26
27 Unlike dev-python, 1000+, dev-perl 1200+
28
29 So, sounds good to me.
32 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>