From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Naming of repositories: gento-x86 edition, bike shedding wanted
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 00:31:39
1 On 15.03.2015 10:48, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >> If we want a separate repo/ namespace, we would probably need to
3 >> consider moving other repositories there -- at least the
4 >> official ones. Of course, it would be a nice result, having
5 >> everything hosted on git.g.o as git.g.o/repo/${repo_name}.git.
6 >
7 > Isn't "repo" fairly redundant? Everything there is a repository.
8
9 There are Git repositories that do not contain ebuilds up there. So
10 "repo" is not redundant if it refers to its "overlays" kind of meaning.
11
12 Two examples:
13
14 http://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/portage-utils.git/