From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Naming of repositories: gento-x86 edition, bike shedding wanted
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 09:48:31
1 >>>>> On Sun, 15 Mar 2015, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > As for the namespace, proj/ makes most sense of the current
4 > namespaces.
5
6 So on gitweb.gentoo.org our main tree would be listed amongst some
7 200 other proj repositories, between proj/gentoo-wiki-tyrian.git and
8 proj/proj/gentoolkit.git.
9
10 I think it deserves a more prominent place.
11
12 > If we want a separate repo/ namespace, we would probably need to
13 > consider moving other repositories there -- at least the official
14 > ones. Of course, it would be a nice result, having everything hosted
15 > on git.g.o as git.g.o/repo/${repo_name}.git.
16
17 Isn't "repo" fairly redundant? Everything there is a repository.
18
19 Ulrich