From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Review: USE=libav news item
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 23:39:17
1 Hi,
2
3 Attaching the news item for planned USE=libav introduction.
4 The emphasis on letting users know that they may need to set USE=-libav
5 to get their systems back in working condition.
6
7 I hope that we've finally agreed on going for variant 1. I was trying
8 to come up with a hybrid possibly-friendly variant but any variant that
9 assumes that more than one flag can enable ffmpeg/libav support is
10 pretty much borked because second-level reverse dependencies need to be
11 able to somehow depend on dev-foo/bar:=[ffmpeg].
14 Best regards,
15 Michał Górny

2015-01-yy-USE-libav-introduction.en.txt text/plain