From: Nathaniel McCallum <npmccallum@g.o>
To: stuart@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 26 -- Handling kernels with portage
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 15:22:22
1 On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 12:18 +0100, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > On Monday 03 May 2004 11:18, Todd Berman wrote:
3 > > I might be daft, or stupid, or mistaking identity (all have been known
4 > > to happen often ;) ). But i believe if you look at:
5 > >
6 > > http://glis.sf.net (url might be bad, google for glis or something)
7 > >
8 > > you can find an existing working and viable gentoo installer made by
9 > > Nathaniel.
10 >
11 > Unless I'm missing something, the last release from that project was over six
12 > months ago (v0.1 final). The last commit into CVS was over two months ago.
13 > The last update to the website was over six months ago. And Nathanial's last
14 > contribution to the mailing lists was December 2003.
15 >
16 > And wasn't the Gentoo Installer supposed to be a replacement for GLIS anyhow?
17
18 If you would have read that "last contribution to the mailing list" you
19 would have found out that I was leaving to get married, go on my
20 honeymoon, move halfway across the country, start school, settle in with
21 my wife, become a gentoo developer, and start working on the new
22 GentooInstaller project (a better replacement for GLIS). It seems like
23 I may have done all those things... You might want to ask when my last
24 commit to the official Gentoo CVS was, rather than on an old project.
25
26 Nathaniel
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list