From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: regular project updates
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:01:36
1 On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 16:41 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 17:28:13 +0100 Grobian <grobian@g.o> wrote:
3 > | I'm thinking of quite dull news, so absolutely not meant to be a
4 > | publication like GWN, but just thingis like some commits on the
5 > | portage sources that say to fix/implement X, a discussion on project
6 > | ML Y working on Z.
7 >
8 > Would our users really like to read a lengthy discussion on the
9 > intricacies of the changes made to versionator.eclass to improve
10 > performance, or the way in which the ten zillion packages needed by
11 > the new KDE/Gnome/Xorg release were keyworded for a particular arch,
12 > or the design decisions made for vim-spell.eclass to avoid requiring
13 > that our users have four gigs of RAM? I mean, it'd be pretty frickin'
14 > boring...
15 I think Fabian is targetting cross-dev communications there ...
16
17 It'd be time-consuming but sounds interesting.
18
19 There's lots of "unimportant" info, like ... say ... what fixes are in
20 the new baselayout? Is gcc4 safe to use? ...
21 Having all that in a central place (like planet.g.o, only moderated)
22 might help - if there is enough support!
23
24 Patrick
25 --
26 Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move