From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: regular project updates
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:45:56
1 On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 17:28:13 +0100 Grobian <grobian@g.o> wrote:
2 | I'm thinking of quite dull news, so absolutely not meant to be a
3 | publication like GWN, but just thingis like some commits on the
4 | portage sources that say to fix/implement X, a discussion on project
5 | ML Y working on Z.
6
7 Would our users really like to read a lengthy discussion on the
8 intricacies of the changes made to versionator.eclass to improve
9 performance, or the way in which the ten zillion packages needed by
10 the new KDE/Gnome/Xorg release were keyworded for a particular arch,
11 or the design decisions made for vim-spell.eclass to avoid requiring
12 that our users have four gigs of RAM? I mean, it'd be pretty frickin'
13 boring...
16 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (King of all Londinium)
17 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
18 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm