From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: regular project updates
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:53:03
1 On 05-01-2006 16:41:12 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 17:28:13 +0100 Grobian <grobian@g.o> wrote:
3 > | I'm thinking of quite dull news, so absolutely not meant to be a
4 > | publication like GWN, but just thingis like some commits on the
5 > | portage sources that say to fix/implement X, a discussion on project
6 > | ML Y working on Z.
7 >
8 > Would our users really like to read a lengthy discussion on the
9 > intricacies of the changes made to versionator.eclass to improve
10 > performance, or the way in which the ten zillion packages needed by
11 > the new KDE/Gnome/Xorg release were keyworded for a particular arch,
12 > or the design decisions made for vim-spell.eclass to avoid requiring
13 > that our users have four gigs of RAM? I mean, it'd be pretty frickin'
14 > boring...
15
16 Probably not, that's what I wrote that I really don't like it to be
17 targetted (and sent to) users. I myself, on the other hand, *would*
18 like to read that.
22 Fabian Groffen
23 Gentoo/Alt
24 --