From: Philippe Lafoucriere <lafou@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] handbook feedback
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 18:58:30
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2
3 >On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 10:16, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
6 >>On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 09:57:36AM -0500, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
9 >>>Actually, I am working on a short installation "checklist" which will
10 >>>have links to the appropriate parts of the handbook for reference. This
11 >>>way people whom have installed Gentoo many times and are familiar with
12 >>>the setup have a very quick reminder type of guide to keep them from
13 >>>missing any steps, but also have links to the main documentation in case
14 >>>they run across a question with the checklist.
15 >>>
16 >>>
17 >>Hi Chris,
18 >>
19 >>I would really appreciate it if you kept the documentation team up to date
20 >>with your efforts. Are you subscribed to gentoo-doc@g.o? If not, you
21 >>might want to :)
25 >Subscribing now...
29 >>We have a quick installation guide
30 >>(http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-quickinstall.xml) but it is
31 >>currently unlinked because of too little resources to get it up to date again
32 >>(new genkernel instructions). Perhaps this is a bit what you are looking for
33 >>(except that it has no links)?
37 >Well, I might just work on this, then. What I have is a VERY succinct
38 >checklist which I made for my LUG when doing a presentation on Gentoo.
42 emerge -k vcron --> emerge -k vixie-cron (vcron is deprecated)
43 Do you know if genkernel works with kernel 2.6 ?