From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] handbook feedback
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:53:12
1 On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 10:16, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 09:57:36AM -0500, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > Actually, I am working on a short installation "checklist" which will
4 > > have links to the appropriate parts of the handbook for reference. This
5 > > way people whom have installed Gentoo many times and are familiar with
6 > > the setup have a very quick reminder type of guide to keep them from
7 > > missing any steps, but also have links to the main documentation in case
8 > > they run across a question with the checklist.
9 >
10 > Hi Chris,
11 >
12 > I would really appreciate it if you kept the documentation team up to date
13 > with your efforts. Are you subscribed to gentoo-doc@g.o? If not, you
14 > might want to :)
15
16 Subscribing now...
17
18 > We have a quick installation guide
19 > (http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-quickinstall.xml) but it is
20 > currently unlinked because of too little resources to get it up to date again
21 > (new genkernel instructions). Perhaps this is a bit what you are looking for
22 > (except that it has no links)?
23
24 Well, I might just work on this, then. What I have is a VERY succinct
25 checklist which I made for my LUG when doing a presentation on Gentoo.
26
27 I'll look into the quickinstall a bit more and see what I can do to
28 help, as one of the main complaints we got at Linux World was about the
29 install process. It ranged from "When are we going to see a graphical
30 installer?" to "The installation documents are simply way too long to
31 bother reading."
34 Chris Gianelloni
35 Developer, Gentoo Linux
36 Games Team