From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] handbook feedback
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:16:20
1 On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 09:57:36AM -0500, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Actually, I am working on a short installation "checklist" which will
3 > have links to the appropriate parts of the handbook for reference. This
4 > way people whom have installed Gentoo many times and are familiar with
5 > the setup have a very quick reminder type of guide to keep them from
6 > missing any steps, but also have links to the main documentation in case
7 > they run across a question with the checklist.
8
9 Hi Chris,
10
11 I would really appreciate it if you kept the documentation team up to date
12 with your efforts. Are you subscribed to gentoo-doc@g.o? If not, you
13 might want to :)
14
15 We have a quick installation guide
16 (http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-quickinstall.xml) but it is
17 currently unlinked because of too little resources to get it up to date again
18 (new genkernel instructions). Perhaps this is a bit what you are looking for
19 (except that it has no links)?
20
21 Wkr,
22 Sven Vermeulen