From: Stefan Jones <cretin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GNOME 2.12.0 Final - Testing
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:38:00
1 Phil Richards wrote:
2
3 > | ~ # emerge -puv --newuse gnome
4 >
5 >|
6 >| These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
7 >|
8 >| Calculating dependencies \
9 >| !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "sys-apps/pmount" have been masked.
10 >| !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
11 >| - sys-apps/pmount-0.9.3-r3 (masked by: package.mask)
12 >| # Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> (7 Sep 2005)
13 >| # Remasking because the Gnome herd is too lazy to look
14 >| # into bugs that are over 4 months old with regards to
15 >| # hal and dbus. Patches provided and everything.
16 >| # When I volunteered to fix it and handle any issues..
17 >| # I received the stock "wait for foser" response.
21 >Normally, I would just unmask pmount, but the comment doesn't exactly
22 >fill me with confidence as regards the stability of pmount (and whereas
23 >I am happy for gnome to crash in a heap, I tend to be a little more
24 >cautious around things that work at lower levels in the system)...
25 >
26 >Should I just go ahead and unmask, or what if I want to test out gnome
27 >2.12?
31 Unmask pmount, it is needed now to get useful hal support where you can
32 mount USB drives from nautilus when they are hot plugged. This is
33 because with the new hal they have removed the fstab updater.
34
35 ( or you could just put -hal in your USE flags, but better just
36 unmasking it and finding the bugs - I have not found any )
37
38 Stefan
39 --
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list