From: Phil Richards <news@××××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GNOME 2.12.0 Final - Testing
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:46:17
1 On 2005-09-14, John N. Laliberte <allanonjl@g.o> wrote:
2 > The GNOME herd is now ready for 2.12.0 to be tested.
3 > The gnome-2.12.0.ebuild should hit the mirrors shortly. ( just committed)
4 > Please see this document for information on how to test:
5 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~allanonjl/gnome/2.12.0/testing.instructions.txt
6
7 I might be being stupid, but having suitably unmasked what was suggested
8 I get:
9
10 | ~ # emerge -puv --newuse gnome
11 |
12 | These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
13 |
14 | Calculating dependencies \
15 | !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "sys-apps/pmount" have been masked.
16 | !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
17 | - sys-apps/pmount-0.9.3-r3 (masked by: package.mask)
18 | # Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> (7 Sep 2005)
19 | # Remasking because the Gnome herd is too lazy to look
20 | # into bugs that are over 4 months old with regards to
21 | # hal and dbus. Patches provided and everything.
22 | # When I volunteered to fix it and handle any issues..
23 | # I received the stock "wait for foser" response.
24 |
25 | For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
26 | section 2.2 "Software Availability" in the Gentoo Handbook.
27 | !!! (dependency required by "gnome-base/gnome-vfs-2.12.0" [ebuild])
28
29 Normally, I would just unmask pmount, but the comment doesn't exactly
30 fill me with confidence as regards the stability of pmount (and whereas
31 I am happy for gnome to crash in a heap, I tend to be a little more
32 cautious around things that work at lower levels in the system)...
33
34 Should I just go ahead and unmask, or what if I want to test out gnome
35 2.12?
36
37 phil
38 --