From: "Martin
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] common ebuild mistakes
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 18:35:20
1 Aron Griffis wrote:
2 >
3 > 2. Changing $myconf is necessary. The presence of aalib on the system
4 > should not determine whether mplayer uses aalib. That should be
5 > determined by the USE flag. In other words, mplayer should not use
6 > aalib when USE=-aalib, even if aalib exists on the system.
9 Thanks for the good advice. I did think of this myself, however mplayer
10 doesn't seem to recognize a --disable-aa flag. I tried it with aalib
11 installed and I still got aalib support. What I probably should have
12 said in my original post was that editing $myconf wouldn't work, not
13 that it wasn't necessary. I'm not sure if there's a way around this,
14 perhaps the Makefile needs to be patched?
17 Stephen C. Martin
18
19 PGP/GnuPG key 1024D/8C4FCA5D
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list