From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 15:47:02
1 On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 08:15:42AM -0700, Duncan wrote:
2 >
3 > Tell me, from someone who obviously has some FBSD experience, what
4 > advantages does Gentoo/FreeBSD have over the normal FreeBSD? Why would
5 > someone use it who is currently using regular FreeBSD, and why are you
6 > spending the time? There are obviously reasons, as you're a very
7 > talented person spending quite a bit of time on the project, but equally
8 > obviously, I'm not familiar enough with them to make a good G/FBSD
9 > representative, at this point.
12 I'll probably be using it sometime soon because ports is archaic at best
15 Jon Portnoy
16 avenj/irc.freenode.net
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list