From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Remove cups from default profile to solve circular deps
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 04:19:22
1 chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
2 > Richard Freeman<rich0@g.o> writes:
5 >> I think that is separate from the circular dependency issue. As long
6 >> as we have an unresolved circular dependency I think cups should be
7 >> off the list. However, I'd be the first to agree that this is a
8 >> short-term solution.
9 >>
10 >> The problem is that we only have two long-term solutions so far:
11 >>
12 >> 1. A smarter package manager that can work through these dependencies
13 >> automatically.
14 >>
15 >> 2. Splitting packages like poppler that have these issues.
16 >>
17 > Is there not a third, maybe obvious, solution to circular dependencies
18 > on initial install?
19 >
20 > 3. Include one or both of the packages in the stage tarball.
24 I'm not a dev but what else uses poppler or other packages that would be
25 added? Also, this would affect server profiles. Last I checked,
26 server, desktop or any other profile starts from the same tarball. It's
27 a idea but would it be a good one? I don't know the answer to that
28 question.
29
30 Is this a Gentoo thing or is this caused by upstream? I only use Gentoo
31 so maybe it affects other distros as well.
32
33 Dale
34