From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] where goes Gentoo?
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 03:29:04
1 On Monday 06 June 2005 19:45, Collins Richey wrote:
2 > 2. Enterprise users (as a general rule) are not interested in the
3 > latest and greatest but rather in a stable, reasonably current system
4 > that can remain in place (with guaranteed security fixes, of course)
5 > with no "feature creep" for a few years. Even Gentoo stable is too
6 > much of a moving target for such users. The user base (engineers
7 > developing embedded Linux) I support is still well served by RH9 for
8 > the most part!
9
10 "Feature creep" is largely a problem upstream, not with package
11 maintainers. And no, we're not gonna backport anything. If people really
12 believe that backporting fixes = stable and/or secure, let them use RH.
13 It's a belief, nothing more.
14
15 Cheers,
16 Dylan Carlson [absinthe@g.o]