From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reproducing a bug found by the tinderbox
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2016 05:51:16
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 00:47:44 +0200 Marc Popp wrote:
4 > Hi All,
5 >
6 > sorry, if this has been asked or explained before, but google and the
7 > gentoo wiki couldn't find any answers.
8 >
9 > I just got my first bug found by the tinderbox and would like to reproduce
10 > the environment (chroot) that the bug was found in. There is some nice info
11 > about it in the bug, but I was actually expecting a single command or some
12 > kind of metadata file, that will rebuild exactly this environment. Or even
13 > easier the tar-ed chroot after the emerge failed.
14 >
15 > Furthermore the info about the exact emerge call would be very helpful in
16 > the bug.
17 >
18 > Now I have to configure a new chroot and then for the rest of the night
19 > I'll compile GCC5 and QT just to be able to reproduce the bug. All this
20 > could be replaced by a tar command for the tinderbox and a download and
21 > untar for me.
22 >
23 > What am I missing here?
24 > How do other developers do that?
25 > Where can I find "This is an unstable amd64 chroot image (named
26 > amd64-desktop-unstable_20160821-212524)" or do I have to build that too?
27 > What needs to be done to be able to shorten the time for reproducing those
28 > bugs?
29
30 Usually tinderbox logs are sufficient to reproduce an issue. If you
31 need a tinderbox image, try to contact Toralf for details.
32
33 Best regards,
34 Andrew Savchenko