From: "Diego \\\"Flameeyes\\\" Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Pluggable Hell Part 2: Fixing everything up!
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 07:24:31
1 On Thursday 07 April 2005 01:17, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
2 > I was more talking about the virtual/pam-modules (or whatever). Having
3 > a a PDEPEND is just fine.
4 I was thinking of the virtual for future expansion on NetBSD and other, but
5 this is probably better done using an || PDEPEND when it will be needed.
6
7 > > That's a decision up to you as pam mantainers :)
8 > > Anyway I'm available to add the temporary fixes, trace them, and remove
9 > > them when all is done, if needed.
10 > Id rather just do it cleanly.
11 Another solution which could be done "quickly" could be that:
12 - add dependency for the packages which uses include on virtual/pam
13 - provide virtual/pam with pam version 0.78 (and openpam, in my and/or fbsd
14 overlay until it's mature enough to be merged)
15
16 In this way the dependency could be expressed in a single way which won't need
17 to be fixed in future.
20 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
21 http://wwwstud.dsi.unive.it/~dpetteno/