From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: My masterplan for git migration (+ looking for infra to test it)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 04:38:11
1 hasufell posted on Sun, 14 Sep 2014 13:50:32 +0000 as excerpted:
2
3 > Jauhien Piatlicki:
4 >>
5 >> Again, how will user check the integrity and authenticity if Manifests
6 >> are unsigned?
7
8 > There is no regression if this isn't solved.
9
10 > People who really care use emerge-webrsync.
11 > If we use the proposed solution, then there is an additional method via
12 > the User syncing repo, so it's a win.
13
14 Absolutely. emerge-webrsync is the current "I care enough to worry about
15 it" method, and this already adds the user-sync git repo as an "I care"
16 option. Leaving standard rsync users where they already are isn't a
17 regression and shouldn't be a blocker. Don't let the perfect be the
18 enemy of the imperfect but better! =:^)
23 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman