From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My masterplan for git migration (+ looking for infra to test it)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 13:50:48
1 Jauhien Piatlicki:
2 >
3 > Again, how will user check the integrity and authenticity if Manifests are unsigned?
6 While this is an issue to be solved, it shouldn't be a blocker for the
7 git migration.
8
9 There is no regression if this isn't solved. There is no sane automated
10 method for verifying signed Manifests yet (that should be on PM level)
11 and signing them isn't even enforced throughout the tree. Moreover I
12 highly doubt that there is any user who runs around ebuild directories
13 and checks Manifest signatures by hand.
14
15 People who really care use emerge-webrsync.
16 If we use the proposed solution, then there is an additional method via
17 the User syncing repo, so it's a win.
18
19 We can put more effort into solving this for rsync mirrors later, but
20 I'd rather focus on the git migration.