From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: final release?
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 17:50:06
1 Bengt Gorden <bengan@×××××.se> writes:
2
3 [ ... ]
4
5 > Latex: Here we have a few different ways to make a presentation. The
6 > last thing I used is Prosper. It is really good but you are back to
7 > hacking latex. It produces dvi, ps or pdf. We use latex at work
8 > because we share the presentation in our CVS-tree. There are a few
9 > other classes in latex to produce presentations. Foiltex and
10 > seminars are two.
11
12 latex with prosper and pdftex running under acroread[1] makes for
13 some really interesting stuff. it far supersedes what mostly
14 everything else can do. and nothing comes close to tex when it
15 comes to visual perfection. as for "back to hacking latex" I
16 consider this a good thing. :-)
19 [1] gv and xpdf don't always deal well with inline movies et al.
22 Terje
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list