From: Bengt Gorden <bengan@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: final release?
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 10:22:53
1 Hi all! (And happy new year)
2
3 Denis Shcherbakov wrote:
4 > in Windoze will crash during a talk. I haven't seen anyone present
5 > with a Linux laptop yet... Any of you tried it? I'd love to know!!
8 I've done my presentations on, first BSD and then Linux for over 6 years
9 now. I've been working with almost everything that can do presentation.
10 Here are a few of them that I consider nice.
11
12 Simpress (OpenOffice):
13 Nice to work with although it is a little to much for me. I do have had
14 2 occasions where OpenOffice crashed and I lost some of my presentation
15 but that has always been in the process of making the presentation. It
16 is very much like Powerpoint but it lacks a few minor things. I have
17 converted a lot of powerpoint files into OpenOffice format with no
18 hazzles but I'm not a advanced Powerpoint user so there could be
19 problems there for all I know.
20
21 Kpresenter (KDE):
22 I used this a couple of years ago so I'm not up to date with it.
23
24 Latex:
25 Here we have a few different ways to make a presentation. The last thing
26 I used is Prosper. It is really good but you are back to hacking latex.
27 It produces dvi, ps or pdf. We use latex at work because we share the
28 presentation in our CVS-tree. There are a few other classes in latex to
29 produce presentations. Foiltex and seminars are two.
30
31 Magicpoint:
32 The easiest. Could also be used with CVS because of its clear text format.
35 http://freshmeat.net/projects/openoffice/?topic_id=129%2C131
36 http://freshmeat.net/projects/koffice/?topic_id=57%2C131
37 http://freshmeat.net/projects/prosper/
38 http://freshmeat.net/projects/foiltex/