From: Denis Shcherbakov <deniss@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] final release?
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 02:10:52
1 Dave, I couldn't agree more.
2
3 I never tried BSD myself, but I did try to coexist with Redhat and then
4 SuSE and both left a bitter aftertaste. :) Whereas Redhat is sort of
5 optimizable, SuSE was not very tractable in that regard. But sadly
6 enough, both Redhat and SuSE are slowly but surely approaching Windoze.
7
8 With Gentoo, not only can you tune and performance-optimize your box, you
9 retain the feel and stability that is always advertised about Linux.
10
11 I am getting brave enough to consider the idea of using Gentoo to deliver
12 laptop-aided presentations for scientific seminars. I haven't researched
13 that topic very much yet, but this is where stability and dependability
14 would count the most for me - the ability not to worry that my Powerpoint
15 in Windoze will crash during a talk. I haven't seen anyone present with a
16 Linux laptop yet... Any of you tried it? I'd love to know!!
17
18 Many thanks to Gentoo again... and Happy New Year to all :)
19
20 Denis