From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding slot and subslot deps to others' packages
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 15:45:16
1 On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 09:37:22 +0100
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Few months ago I have written a small FAQ on how to use slots
5 > and subslots for library dependencies properly [1]. However, today
6 > I see that most of the developers didn't care to properly update their
7 > packages and when I introduced binary compatibility slot in libgcrypt,
8 > I had my hands full of work fixing the mess for a single package.
9
10 How about you file a tracker bug report for each library package, and
11 then file bug reports per package using that dependency blocking the
12 tracker bug?
15 jer