From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI usage
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 13:22:18
1 > Bottom line is that what a developer MUST do is a matter of what
2 > people will bother to complain to Devrel about, and what Devrel will
3 > bother to enforce. For the most part this boils down to common sense.
4
5 Err... if that's the part you worry about, I'm personally completely happy if
6 we just all agree that it's common sense to stick to the newest council-
7 approved development with fullest feature set. no need to put it in writing
8 any more than as a "strong recommendation". :)
9
10 > And since EAPIs
11 > aren't actually ordered, is the latest one whichever is actually last
12 > approved, or the one which is "most functional?" Suppose EAPI xml
13
14 To be honest I personally consider that ("eapis are not ordered") an
15 abomination, and my personal wish would be to keep them large-scale ordered
16 with (among one major version) unordered sub-versions ("4-xxx") if needed. or
17 at least keep all PMS-approved eapis ordered. "Experimental eapis for use in
18 third party software" should not require any mentioning in pms anyway. :]
19
20 However, that is a different discussion. Someday I'll start a separate
21 flamewar^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hmailing list thread about it.
25 Andreas K. Huettel
26 Gentoo Linux developer
27 dilfridge@g.o
28 http://www.akhuettel.de/