From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI usage
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 18:09:56
1 On Sun, 2 Sep 2012 15:23:58 +0200
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3 > To be honest I personally consider that ("eapis are not ordered") an
4 > abomination, and my personal wish would be to keep them large-scale
5 > ordered with (among one major version) unordered sub-versions
6 > ("4-xxx") if needed. or at least keep all PMS-approved eapis ordered.
7 > "Experimental eapis for use in third party software" should not
8 > require any mentioning in pms anyway. :]
9
10 I think you're missing the point of that declaration... It's fine for
11 you to think of EAPI 4 as being newer than EAPI 3. It's not fine for
12 you to consider EAPI 4 to be a superset of EAPI 3, and it's not fine to
13 try using comparisons other than string equality (with the annoying
14 special case for "" being "0") on an EAPI value.
17 Ciaran McCreesh