From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tests
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 15:54:33
1 Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > There was some discussion about forcing/not forcing tests in EAPI-1, but there
5 > was clearly no compromise. Imho, tests are very important and thus I want to
6 > discuss them a little more, but in more sensible fashion.
7 >
8 > Firstly each test can be(not all categories are mutually exclusive):
9 > - not existant
10 > - non-functional
11 > - not runnable from ebuild
12 > - useful but unreasonable resource-wise
13 > - useful and reasonable resource-wise
14 > - necessary
15 > - known to partially fail but with a way of skipping failing tests
16 > - known to partially fail but with no easy way of skipping failing tests
17 > Is that list comprehensive?
18
19 There are some tests that require root, and thus only fails with
20 userpriv. Kernel modules that attempt to load themselves to make sure
21 there are no problems are an example. I forget the exact package offhand.
22
23 Otherwise I like where this discussion is going ;)
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list