From: "J.Rutkowski" <jrtk@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Rebooting the Installer Project
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 16:27:43
1 On Tue, Jul 21, 2015, at 11:08 AM, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
4 > It depends on "faster" how, as I mentioned above, I have use cases
5 > where the smallest time from raw box till working environment is
6 > critical. I can use any other distro of course and start to setup
7 > my Gentoo chroot/partition as usual, but it is much faster to use
8 > Gentoo derivative than any other random distro, right?
9 >
10 > Anyway there are many Gentoo derivatives, not only Sabayon.
11 > Probably I should check Calculate too.
14 Understood. Calculate (specifically Calculate Linux Scratch for custom
15 builds) might be a good option. Later on, you should only have to remove
16 sys-apps/calculate*, switch profiles, and rebuild @system and @world.
19 J. Rutkowski