From: Marcus A Martin <shalidor@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo installation problems
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:04:15
1 >
2 >Use the "-d" flag for debug. This should throw out copious amounts of
3 >information. In addition to "-d" you may want to use the "-T" flag for
4 >test mode. It'll show you what's supposed to happen, but won't actually
5 >change anything (not like it matters right now, but for future
6 >edification).
7 With the -d option, I discovered that failure occurs on the DHCP_DISCOVER call. This is really odd. Like I said, my
8 dhcp server has a debian box and 2 windows boaxes connecting to it and they run fine. Do I need to do anything
9 before I attempt to run dhcp eth0? The only thing that I have done is enabled the network card by loading the tulip
10 driver with modprobe. Is there something else I should do first?
13 >: Was there supposed to be a dhclient file in the /sbin directory, or was
14 >: it removed and the OFF_inet.dhcp_eth0 file was not updated??
15 >
16 >What version are you running. I just looked at both the i686-exclusive
17 >and x86-build cds that I have and OFF_inet.dhcp_eth0 used dhcpcd.
18 I have noticed that both the binary and build CD have dhcpcd but the OFF_inet.dhcp_eth0 file uses dhclient in the
19 script. You may want to either update the script or add the dhclient file back into the sbin directory.
20
21 Is there a rc4 iso image that I can get at? Maybe using a different image will be of help?
22
23 Marcus