From: "Chad M. Huneycutt" <chadh@×××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] System built with gcc 3.0.3
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 05:56:40
1 On 20 Jan 2002, Richard Reich wrote:
2
3 > I rebooted now, and I cannot log into the system, It says invalid login
4 > with any userid that I enter. I've go the latest shadow package. Is
5 > there anything else that I need?
6 > >
7 > > Now I haven't rebooted my machine yet, for some reason su doesn't work
8 > > either, for normal users that is, root just ignores the errors. Here is
9 > > the specific error...
10 > > sh-2.05a$ su
11 > > su: Module is unknown
12 > > Sorry.
13 > > sh-2.05a$
14
15 These two problems are related. You need to emerge sys-apps/shadow after
16 emerging system. This is not in the install docs b/c it is a bug.
17
18 You probably need to reboot from the CD, do the chroot, and emerge
19 shadow. Then you should be able to set the password and reboot and login.
22 Chad Huneycutt
23 Ph.D. Student
24 Georgia Tech College of Computing
25 http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~chadh